LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating multiple VIs programmatically.....................????????????????????

How can I create multiple VIs programmatically

we are working on image processing. we have client-server model developed for our VI. User will be give .exe of a client VI. User can have the controls of the server VI using client VI. Presently, it is only one control at a time. Multiple user control is not possible.

But, If i create multiples of server VI, I can have multiple user control..

for example:  I will create 2 copies of server VI  in a single project and suppose two user are trying to access control. Now, I have two server VIs. when first user runs the client VI, he will get control of first copy of server VI. If second user tries to access control, he will get control of second copy of server VI. 

It means two user can control my server VI at a time....

for two user, it is possible. But, if there are 10 users, 100 users, 10000 users ................................??????????????

Is there any way to create multiples of server VI programmatically on user request. It means whenever user of client VI request for control, one copy of server VI should be created and user should be given control of this VI. Again, if second user request for control of VI at the same time, one more copy of server VI should be created and user should be given control of second copy of VI. Also, whenever user releases control, that copy of server VI should be removed.

Creation and deletion of Copies of server VI should be done programmatically on user request/release.........................

Is it possible................how    how     how       how............???????????????????????? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,737 Views)

Hi prashiit,

make a vit from your vi. If you call it dynamically, then you will get a new instance for every call.

Mike

Message 2 of 5
(2,721 Views)

vit means............

What is it.. how to do it..... 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,713 Views)

prashiit wrote:

vit means............

What is it.. how to do it..... 

vit means "template".

proceed to Help -> Find Examples... then serach for "template" (for example, Subpanel Templates.vi will show how to run single vit multiple times).

Andrey.

Message 4 of 5
(2,701 Views)

prashiit wrote:

How can I create multiple VIs programmatically

Is it possible................how    how     how       how............???????????????????????? 

As suggested above, Templates will help you but there is much more required to tie all of that together into a final working app. Start by getting compfortable with the templates then sit down and define the app.

We used a scheme like that to serve "Remote Witnessing" to multiple customers. It required expertise in Wondows web management, DB support as well as LV knowlege.

So break the project down into baby steps, do what you can, and start new threads when you get stuck.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
Message 5 of 5
(2,649 Views)