LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating background images on multiple plot areas on Mixed Signal Graphs

I am attempting to draw rectangles on multiple plot areas contained within a mixed signal graph. The problem I am having is that sometimes the background images show up on the graph when i run the VI and other times they dont.  All the plot areas have been added under group 0. I am using a for loop and indexing the plot areas using the ActPlotArea property and setting the background images using the PlotImages.back property. I duplicated the code i am using to set the background images for the plot areas and created a new mixed signal graph control. i implemented this code outside the for loop of my code and ran the VI and the background images appear on the plot as expected. Hence, i have major confusion as to why my for loop is not properly setting the background images on the mixed signal plot ? Am i using the wrong property nodes ? is there another property node that i should be using ? Any help or assistance is greatly apprecitated. I have attached the VI with my posting.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,566 Views)

adding the map graph XY to panel coordinates.vi

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(2,557 Views)

Hi MaizeBlue,

I have not been able to figure out what exactly is going wrong with your VI but I have linked an example that shows how you can get this to work in a for loop.  I am thinking that the issues you are having are centered around the DrawRectangle.vi because when I replace that image with the LabVIEW icon in this example the VI works as expected.

Patrick H | National Instruments | Software Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,539 Views)

Hi, pat, thanks for the feedback

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,535 Views)

I have come a little bit further in the process. I can plot the points based off of the graph bounds but have not gotten it to work using the invoke node. Here is an update of what I have accomplished so far.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,516 Views)

Skip my last post. I figured out the issue and the problem was with error wires. We were not allowing the redraw to complete with the property node we were using. This is why it worked outside the loop and not inside the loop. Please confirm that this fixed the issue on your end.

Message 6 of 8
(2,512 Views)

Hi Patrick, this VI works well with a while loop. Now im trying to figure out how to get this to work consistently with a FOR loop. Having some issues with that.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,489 Views)

Hi Patrick, i have attached my proposed solution using a FOR loop but i cannot get it to work. please review and see if you have some insight on what is happeing.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,482 Views)