From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an illuminated flowpath on the front panel

Solved!
Go to solution

I found them while poking around with scripting.

Haven't found much else particularly interesting except for some decorations.

The file "Decos.vi" has the interesting decorations.

The file "Object_Style_Ring.ctl" has the codes for all of the objects I've found.

Download All
Message 11 of 22
(1,391 Views)

@paul_a_cardinale wrote:

I found them while poking around with scripting.

Haven't found much else particularly interesting except for some decorations.

The file "Decos.vi" has the interesting decorations.

The file "Object_Style_Ring.ctl" has the codes for all of the objects I've found.

Nice!

You should post an Idea on the Idea Exchange to include the pipes (controls and decorations) as part of the normal palette setup.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 22
(1,355 Views)

As I mentioned in an earlier post in this thread, atttached is an example of an illuminated flowpath using decorations, and also uses the UID scripting property node, as mentioned in this Micro-Nugget . It uses the pipes as mentioned above.

You need LV 2011.

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 22
(1,322 Views)

I have been informed that my VI above is password protected. The password is "starbucks" without the quotes. Sorry about that! Smiley Surprised

Richard

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 22
(1,304 Views)

The multi-segment pipe is bugged.

If you set its value with the value property node, the state will be reversed.

Try it.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 22
(1,250 Views)

@Callahan wrote:

The multi-segment pipe is bugged.

If you set its value with the value property node, the state will be reversed.

Try it.

Please post a sample to illustrate.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 22
(1,236 Views)

Hello.

Try this VI to see this ugly bug Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 22
(1,229 Views)

When I work with the pipes I seldon use them as booleans but rather drive the colors using the colros property nodes, so...

WHat exactly does not seem right to you?

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 22
(1,219 Views)

grey = false

blue = true

but in mith multi-segment pipe + property node, we have grey=false then grey=true then blue = false

try my VI to see that

I don't care about the colors, my purpose is about the link beetween color and associated value.

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 22
(1,215 Views)

Just an FYI that the bug SebastienM found with writing the value of a Multi-Segment Pipe indicator still exists in LabVIEW 2015 and the associated DSC module.  Just ran across it today.  Adding special code to work around this bug by inverting the value before writing it to Multi-Segment Pipe indicators via a property node.

Perhaps NI is leary of fixing this bug for fear of breaking code that has this type of workaround.

Hans

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 22
(1,009 Views)