cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an animation

Solved!
Go to solution

Someone created a simple animation here:

Community: Ever wanted to show some process animation using labview?

Can anyone explain ( in steps) how they get a boolean to go thru different pictures when its true then false??  How did they replace the led button w different positions of the fan?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(3,264 Views)
-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
Message 2 of 15
(3,253 Views)
  • Start off with a Boolean control (any will do)
  • Customise the control (right click Advanced>Customize)
  • Once the control is open, change to 'customise mode' (click the little wrench on the toolbar or press Ctrl+M)
  • Now you can replace the default true/false picture with one of your choice (right click and select 'import from file')

To change the other Boolean state to a picture: change back to edit mode (Ctrl-M), change the boolean state and go back to 'customise mode'.

Hope that helps!

Message 3 of 15
(3,246 Views)

In addition, if you want to have more than two states you can use a picture ring control with as many different frames as you want. The procedure for creating that is essentially the same as for the custom boolean.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 15
(3,202 Views)

P@anand in both the examples shown in this discussion ( booleans and fan)  if I open the customized control ( fan.ctl or light button.ctl) , right click on the picture then select picture item it shows 4 pictures.  Why 4 ??  Why not just 2 and loop on those 2  ( OFF then on then off etc).  I couldn't find a thing on Picture Item.

Thanks..

Any recomendation on doing an animation??  Picture ring or boolean control??  I've read picture ring hogs a lot of processor time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(3,178 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Clint_Eastwood1000

@Clint_Eastwood1000 wrote:

P@anand in both the examples shown in this discussion ( booleans and fan)  if I open the customized control ( fan.ctl or light button.ctl) , right click on the picture then select picture item it shows 4 pictures.  Why 4 ??  Why not just 2 and loop on those 2  ( OFF then on then off etc).  I couldn't find a thing on Picture Item.

Thanks..

Any recomendation on doing an animation??  Picture ring or boolean control??  I've read picture ring hogs a lot of processor time.

In Boolean for the mechanical actions "Switch when Released" and "Latch when released" has intermediate state while going from 0 to 1 and vice versa, thats what the states you see there. But you cannot activate the intermediate states through code (As far I know).

If you are ok with 2 pictures boolean is good else go for Picture ring as suggested. I haven't done any benchmarking to tell the performance difference between both.

-----

Message 6 of 15
(3,172 Views)

thanks...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(3,167 Views)

another example using pic ring....

edit:having trouble loading zip file   Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(3,151 Views)

Did you attach any file?

-----

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(3,143 Views)

P@Anand wrote:

Did you attach any file?

atleast i could get you the link, has nothing to do with booleans though....

anyone else have problems loading files?

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(3,136 Views)