Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating an absolute path

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to save data points to an excel file and I kept getting the error:

Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  The path is empty or relative. You must use an absolute path.
tc_cral(\usfile01)\Common\High Strain Rate\Test.csv

I'm kind of lost on this issue at the moment and have tried to look up some definition of what a relative and absolute path means.  I must not be fully understanding the definition so if anyone can 'dumb' it down for me I'd appreciate it.  I have also attached the top level vi image of the section where I'm trying to save the data points.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,862 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author JonRod

A relative path is a path based on another path.  You need an absolute path which should include the volume.  I'm not seeing a volume or server location in your path.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 6
(3,853 Views)

Thanks a lot Crossrulz!  That was pretty dumb of me to overlook that.  Always appreciate the help from the people on this forum!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,839 Views)

hello , my question is  what's function of  this module! QQ截图20120928174705.png,   

please give me the best answers!

best kinds!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,751 Views)

@winehero wrote:

hello , my question is  what's function of  this module! QQ截图20120928174705.png,   

please give me the best answers!

best kinds!

This question has nothing to do with the topic.  You really should have started a new thread.

But that module is the Boolean Crossing PtbyPt.  The help explains it pretty well.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 5 of 6
(3,738 Views)

Tks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,730 Views)