From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a cRIO-9063 Project Problems

Hoping some one has seen this before.

I have a cRIO 9063 that I am unable to create a project and deploy to the cRIO.   My previous development was on a cRIO 9075, which I was able to create a project for no problem, but it does not appear as an option for me for the cRIO 9063.

At first I thought this was a missing driver.  I am running Labview 2012 Service Pack 1 and NI Real-Time Development for 2012 SP1.  I have CompactRIO 15.0, NI FlexRIO 14.5, and NI-RIO 15.0 installed.  I installed the drivers from the disk, the CompactRIO update from the NI website, and the NI-RIO update from NI's website because of a previous post of some one who just had out of date drivers.  This has not solved my problem.

The cRIO does appear in Measurement & Automation Explorer, and I ave installed firmware version 3.0.0f0 which I believe to be the latest firmware.  I also did a physical file search on my drive to see if the relevant info for projects was installed with for example Labview 2014, but nothing comes up except the firmware file.  Where if I search for the cRIO 9075 I get alot of relevant files. 

Any suggestions on how to get code on my cRIO 9063?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,386 Views)
Hi,
Are you able to ad a 9063 as a offline target to your labview project? So instead of search for your target see if it is listed under the real time compact rio target. Best regards,

Martijn
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,370 Views)

Martijn,

Unfortuantly that also does not work.  I should have clarified that in my initial post.  When adding an offline target the 9063 does not come up as an option

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,365 Views)

ftp://ftp.ni.com/pub/gdc/tut/crio_software_versions.htm

The cRIO-9063 requires LabVIEW 2014 SP1 or newer.  Using LabVIEW 2012 is the problem you're running into.

Edit:  You can also find this in the user manual: http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/376330a.pdf on page 5

Message 4 of 4
(3,335 Views)