cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multi-vertical lines for waveform graph

Solved!
Go to solution

HI all,

I am using NI USB 9234 for acquiring vibration data from rotating machines. A simple VI was made to do that.

The next step is analysis, the signals were displayed well, time waveform, FFT, all important values ... and so on.

But I get a trouble with multi vertical lines of waveform graphs, it sounds very simple and I tried many ways but have not still gotten a good solution.

Vertical lines are used to display fault frequency of machines (such as we display 1X, 2X, 3X, ... more harmonics).

Any one has a solution for this issue?

Thanks a lot!!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(4,788 Views)

Hi Djen_balancing,

I think you are seeing those lines in FFT spectrum where those lines are displayed as spikes or vertical lines.

You can do one thing,please check after frequency they are getting displayed,so that you can use low pass filter to filter those spikes.

Regards,

SrikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(4,781 Views)

Oh sorry I did not discribe clearly. I want to create multiple vertical lines for waveform graph, whatever time or frequency domain. It is used to display many fault frequencies of machines.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(4,776 Views)

You can programmatically place vertical cursors.

...or you could use the "plot images" feature to draw anything you want on the graph using 2D picture functions).

(There are three available layers: front, middle, back. Details)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(4,767 Views)

Well, I am investigating to try with cursors, but no sursor is created, can you solve this?

Thanks a lot!

Cursor_list.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(4,757 Views)

@db-vibration-balancing wrote:

Well, I am investigating to try with cursors, but no sursor is created, can you solve this?

Thanks a lot!

Your code makes no sense. you are never re-using the data in the shift register, so all you get is the last value fed to it. The last value with be an array of three cursors (the last result of your initialize array" operation), all with identical properties (e.g. position).

Can you attach your actual VI instead of a truncated picture? Why do you think you need to define all these diagram constants? What is the purpose of your "build array? Just a misguided bandaid to eliminate a broken wire? Even if the wire is not broken the code still might make no sense!

Create a diagram constant of a single cursor list element, then use bundle by name in a loop to modifiy the elements that should diiffer. Autoindex at the right loop boundary to create the array.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(4,745 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author db-vibration-balancing

Here's a very quick example (LabVIEW 8.2)

Message 7 of 10
(4,737 Views)

Dear Attenbach,

I used constant because I just want to test how does Cursor List work, but I use it wrong.

Your example is very useful, that is all I need.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,722 Views)

Sorry for the mess with the overlapping code. I had the cluster set as icon, an option that is not available in LabVIEW 8.2, thus it blew up. Just rearrange as needed. If you have a newer LabVIEW version, just double-click the cluster constant to iconify it back.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,708 Views)

Well, no problem Altenbach. Your code is very fit to my app. I developed some app but have no basis in Labview, just use by tips so it's not easy to debug.

This app is a vibration analysis simply by my own. It will be used for small customer (few machines).

I am working in vibration and balancing of rotating machine.

Very nice too meet you!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(4,704 Views)