From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create installer with source files

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello

I have a word search game and i have a dictionary and  the VI create one file with "last scores". I want to creat installer which indclude this files when im setup in another computer without labview. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,159 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blen86

First of all, you need to be using a project.  The project should include any source files and any other files you will want to include in your installer.

Then you create a build specification for an executable.  Once that is built, make a build spec for the installer.  The installer should include any NI compenents you may need to run your program (like the Run-Time Engine).  You can also specify where files will be installed..

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 5
(3,153 Views)

I created the projet, and now how can i add my txt and etc... to project? Basicly i only see the VI.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,144 Views)

You could just drag the file from Windows Explorer into the project.  Or Right-click on the My Computer and choose Add File.  You can add any type of file to the project.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 5
(3,139 Views)

Thank you, i think this will be complicated. Realy thank you for fast reply

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,126 Views)