LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create .h5 file in labview Real time target(PXIe)

Hi,
How can I create .h5 file in labview realtime target? I have made one code for that but its not able to create .h5 file in Labview real-time target(PXIe). PFA for screen shot for code.

Is Labview RT Supports HDF5 file format?

Please help me solve this asap.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,172 Views)

Not simply like that. The h5labview library you are using only is a wrapper around the actual HDF5 software library which is implemented as a shared library. Shared libraries are compiled object modules from C/C++ code. The official HDF5 download only supports Windows targets.

Someone would need to compile the source code of HDF5 with the appropriate C(++) compiler for your realtime platform to create the appropriate shared library for your target. NI has currently 5 different flavors of realtime systems, each with their own specific  compiler toolchain.

- Pharlap ETS (old x86 based realtime systems): Best compiled using MS Visual C 6.0

- VxWorks (for targets with PPC CPU): VxWorks gcc based compiler toolchain version 6.1 for LabVIEW 8.2 compatibility and version 6.3 for newer LabVIEW versions.

- NI Linux Realtime (for ARM and newer x86 based targets): Eclipse based GCC toolchain either version 2013 for early ARM based targets or 2014 for any NI Linux Realtime target running LabVIEW 2014 or newer.

The HDF5 library is using CMake as make tool for compiling but can't be crosscompiled due to various issues with the make setup, so someone would need to create makefiles for the necessary compiler toolchains above and generate those shared libraries. If you haven't real and extensive experience with C compilers and especially GCC based tools, you will however have very little chance to get that working.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,143 Views)

Have you checked the DLL's with the RT DLL Checker?

The current version of Live HDF5 ships with HDF5 version 1.8.13 libraries which aren't suitable for the Phar Lap ETS target:

hdf5_DLL.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,127 Views)