LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create executable

1 - I have the Labview 8 version with the licence that enable to create executable that can be runned on PC where there is no Labview installed. But after created exe file this exe file is not running on the other PC, and I get an error message that is "You need to installed the Labview execution controller...." .
What can I do to create exe file that can be run alone on another PC ?

2 - Also how can I do to create a install setup to install my Labview program ?

Thanks a lot,
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,154 Views)
Hello Antone,

1 - In order to put your executable running in a PC with no Labview you just have to install the "Run-time engine 8.x (your version)" and your executable. Sometimes creating it may be a little bit complicated with the vi's that aren't in you hierarchy.

2 - To create the installer it's almost like creating the .exe. Check the picture in attach.

Best regards,

Jorge Amaral

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,140 Views)
Hello Antone,

1 - In order to put your executable running in a PC with no Labview you just have to install the "Run-time engine 8.x (your version)" and your executable. Sometimes creating it may be a little bit complicated with the vi's that aren't in you hierarchy.

2 - To create the installer it's almost like creating the .exe. Check the picture in attach.

Best regards,

Jorge Amaral

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,139 Views)
Where can I find the Run-time engine 8.x, is it an extract of the Labview CD ? I thought that with our licence we do need nothing to install on the computer to run a standalone EXE....it is wrong ?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,118 Views)

hi again,

You can create the run-time engine installer in the same way that you create the installer of your application (like in the pic that I've sent before). But an easy way it's trough the NI site. Search for run-time engine and download it.

Let me explain you something... For your application (executable) to work as a standalone you always need to install the run-time. This is a collection of functions that the .exe needs to work. Visual Basic, C and some other microsft products doesn't need this because it's already in windows. But for example in Java, I think that you must also install a run-time.

So, for your application to work:

1 - Install run-time (adequated for the Labview version that you use);

2 - copy the exe the PC. 

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
Message 5 of 8
(3,105 Views)
To build the installer program I have no all the option that you have on your picture attached, you could see on the picture attached what I have on my side.

What can I do to get the installerprogram ?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,078 Views)

well for you to see what I've sent you in my picture you have to right click in the same position has I did. You clicked on the top of the application and I on Build specifications.

It's simple for you to download the run-time of your labview version in the link below:

http://digital.ni.com/softlib.nsf/webcategories/85256410006C055586256BBB002C130D?opendocument&node=1...

Software developer
www.mcm-electronics.com

PORTUGAL
Message 7 of 8
(3,063 Views)
you can also tell the installer to include the run-time engine. It  makes the installer big but it ensures that you are using the same runtime engine as what you built it on.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,050 Views)