From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create empty folders using project template

I am making one of my first attempts and creating LabVIEW project templates and would like to create some empty folders in the project for content that the user (me) will generate when writing code later.  I can't see how to do that, and am wondering if it is possible.  I tried adding the empty folders to the project template, but when I create a project from the template, the folders show in the Items tab of Project Explorer, but are not created on disk.  If the folders have files in them (they are not empty) and are included in the project, then they are created on disk when the project is created.  Is there some way to create empty folders on disk using a project template?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,447 Views)

You'll need to add an "AfterPage2NoUI" custom scripting VI that creates the empty folders on disk after the user project is created. I'm assuming you've already seen this document, which talks about creating custom templates/sample projects. The use of an AfterPage2NoUI VI is covered in this document. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Message 2 of 3
(2,436 Views)

That worked great.  Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,411 Views)