cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create customized timestamp

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I'm working on a power grid and need to analyse the current and voltage values and display some graphs (power, RMs values..).
I acquire voltage and current signals with DAQ which works perfectly and log the data in a TDMS file. This file is read afterwords in an other application that contains all the power analysis using the Labview Electrical Power Suite. 

I can plot all my outputs with the date and time at which the data was acquired (the file's time stamp) but the power values on the output of the "Power Values VI" are given without date or time and it is very important for me to plot the power values at the right date ant time. 

I thought about creating a timestamp initialized with the first value of the TDMS file. At each iteration of the for loop, I would add 0,2 seconds (every iteration corresponds to 10 cycles of the voltage and current signals = 0,2 seconds for a 50Hz grid, it also corresponds to the frequency at which the "Power Values VI" calculates the power values) and pass the data with shift registers. 

My question : is it possible ? How can I do it ? (I don't know how to add time to a time stamp) and is there a better way to accomplish this ?

I've been looking for an answer for quite a long time! any help would be very much appreciated.

(My main VI is very ugly I know, I just started making it and testing things.)

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,606 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Asmae26

The easiest way would be to use the Get Waveform Time Array.  That will return an array of timestamps corresponding to when your samples in your waveform were taken.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 2
(2,576 Views)