LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an advanced control

Hi All.

I created the attached VI yesterday as a solution for controls on an advanced user interface panel that I would like to create.  Take a look at it, run it and see how it works (LV 2011).  Grabbing the middle slider and moving it up and down allows the target value to be changed and the range adjusts with it; the range control allows the constraints of an acceptable value to be allowed.

It seems to me like this would be a great control option and I'm more than willing to create it, but I don't think I (we) as standard LV programmers have the capability of making this into a control.  I can see how it could be done. Make the "Range" a property of the control and the outputs could be in a cluster so it would adhere to the single output rule....  Other properties could be colors of the range and other standard slider properties.

Any hints? Could I get NI to make this into a control for me so it's efficient to use?  Any hints on how to use it efficiently in a higher VI that would have multiples of these on the front panel?

Thanks for any assistance.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,138 Views)

Have you looked at XControls?

>

"There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus." - Blaise Pascal
Message 2 of 4
(2,132 Views)

Thanks VT...  totally forgot about xcontrols Smiley FrustratedSmiley Embarassed.  I will work it out right now and repost how it went.

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,124 Views)

XControls works absolutely perfectly.  - That was my first time using it, but I think I'll be using it a lot from now on...  I thought of some good uses where status' of controls is checked way too much with either lots of programming that has to be done and / or inefficient use of system resources.

Thanks!!!

Dan

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,102 Views)