LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create an LV project from an LV executable

Solved!
Go to solution

I relalise this probably cant be done and hence the reason for an executable, but thought I'd best check........  I basically have alot of executables that have been created, however the project files have gone missing. Is there anyway to recover from this without start from scratch ?? 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,357 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author OHD
No.
Message 2 of 3
(2,351 Views)

While I love the fact that a single word answer is marked as the solution, I'd like to elaborate a bit.

A project file is in no way inside the EXE.  A Project file helps the development process, by allowing the user to set arbitrary virtual folder structure for organization.  This isn't important for an EXE and isn't included.  Other things a project can do is keep track of user settings when building an distribution of some kind.  Let say you want to make an installer.  The settings in the project can keep track of what installer should be included in that master installer.  It also keeps track of what files should be included in the installer, version, contact information, description of the installer etc.  None of these things are important or included in an EXE.

In the future use source code control.  SVN is a popular one for LabVIEW but others work well enough.  This will mean that all files used to make an EXE can be committed.  Then if in the future you want to know what project file was used for an EXE, you can pull down revisions of that project file after they were committed.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,330 Views)