LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a dictionary from text files

Hi all,

Once again - I apologise.  I've had a good  look around the forums and I can't find this.  I'm sure it must be a common question. 

I've had a go at creating a drictionary from terms in a 1-D array of passages of text.  I'm trying to take out all the "words" which I'm try to define as any string with the form "spacetextspace".

The plan is to further refine it from there.  It's just this initial step I'm stuck on.  I am trying to use "Match Pattern" and "\s?\s".  It appears "\s?\s" is wrong.  Can anyone tell me how this is best done, please?  I've added a screen dump - but I'm not sure if it's legible!

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,702 Views)
Sorry - here's the attachment.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,700 Views)

pickslide5 wrote:
I've added a screen dump - but I'm not sure if it's legible!

No, it is completely invisible.

Do you only have words and spaces, or do you also have to deal e.g. with commas, lienfeeds, and periods, for example?

How about using "spreadsheet string to array" with  "space" as delimiter and a 1D array of strings as type?

edit: ahh, you attached it now. Why don't you attach the VI instead of a zoomed down image? Also attach your text file.

Message Edited by altenbach on 05-31-2008 11:05 AM
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,699 Views)
Here's a screenshot of Altenbach's proposal:

To create images of a part of code you could use the code Capture Tool it is great for this purpose, you select the part you want to capture, start the tool (Tools->Code Capture Tool), review your setting (FP-none, BD-selected, Clipboard-FileName), finish the capture.
Then you switch over to your internet browser, in the file dialog you past the file name from the clipboard and the file is attached.
To download

Ton

Message Edited by TonP on 06-01-2008 12:43 AM
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,663 Views)