cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create a button on the front since the diagram

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I search to create a button on the front since the diagram.

Is it possible ? If yes, how ?

Thanks you !!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(2,481 Views)

Hi Slate,

Sorry but your question isn't very clear. Where do you wish to create a button?

Have you tried dragging a button onto where you want it?

**********************************************************************************************
The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(2,479 Views)

Something like this 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos are always welcome if you got solution to some extent.

I need my difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy my success.
--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(2,472 Views)

Hey OllyT !

I explain more :

First I read a table.

In this table I could have a lot differents elements : [a, b, c, d ....] but I don't know how many at the begin.

My objectiv is to create as many buttons (on the front panel) as elements in my table, but automatically, when I run the VI !

I hope it's more clear for you !

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(2,468 Views)

Slate wrote:

I search to create a button on the front since the diagram.

Is it possible ? If yes, how ?

I don't know what you mean by "since", but since you mention the diagram, here's how you can create a button on the front panel while editing the block diagram. You can right-click on any terminal that accepts a boolean (e.g. the termination terminal of a while loop) and select "create control". This will create a control terminal wired to the input and the associated control on the front panel. The front panel control will be placed in a relatively random location, so double-click the terminal to find it.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 16
(2,463 Views)

Why dont you hide and unhide the buttons as per number of termplate used?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(2,462 Views)

@Slate wrote:

n this table I could have a lot differents elements : [a, b, c, d ....] but I don't know how many at the begin.

My objectiv is to create as many buttons (on the front panel) as elements in my table, but automatically, when I run the VI !

You cannot dynamically create new controls at run time. I recommend to create an array of buttons instead. You can programmatically change the number of visible array elements.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(2,458 Views)

hiding and unhiding buttons is not a great option if you'll be having any more than a few buttons...

I think this is possible with XControls, though I haven't played with them much.

Olly

**********************************************************************************************
The day is quickly coming when every knee will bow down to a silicon fist, and you will all beg your binary gods for mercy.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 16
(2,456 Views)

If more numbers then as suggested use array. 

--Ranjeet
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(2,447 Views)

The main problem is that I don't know how many elements I will have at the end !

That's why I can't just hide or not some buttons !

And if I unterstand well, it's the same for an array of buttons !!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(2,445 Views)