From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create VI with some complex structures when calling dll

I am using the company's .dll file and .h file to create VIs. The report shows there are some VIs can not be created correctly and I can not understand the meaning fo the solution it mentioned. I also have some VIs that has been created correctly in the previous task by other people. Know these VI can not run correctly cause these VIs are in different computer now. In the picture, I pick out one VI as an example to show the problem.

saclib0.png

saclib.png

saclib2.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,437 Views)

As the error text explains, you need to create LabVIEW clusters that match the structure definitions in the .h file. You can then re-run the library import wizard and associate those clusters with the corresponding structure inputs and outputs. This requires some knowledge of C in order to build a cluster that matches the struct. The structs are most likely defined in sactypes.h, which you did not attach. It is a good idea, although not required, for the clusters to be type definitions and not simply custom controls.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,412 Views)

I have create the custom control and add it when re-run the wizard, but I failed and I can not understand the meaning of report.

sacsttest0.png

sacsttest1.png

sacsttest2.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,392 Views)

Just making guesses here, I haven't seen this error before.

Did you save your custom control inside the folder where you're trying to generate the library? It's possible that the import wizard wants to delete and recreate the entire directory, and if you put your custom control somewhere inside of it, then it can't delete the folder. Again, that's a guess. Or, is it possible that you do have the folder set read-only (perhaps because you checked it into a source control system)? What if you set a different target directory, or manually delete that directory and start the wizard over again?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,371 Views)