LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Callback VI for IMAQdx Event -> Broken Wire

My application is using IMAQdx to communicate with a Basler camera. When my camera is triggered with a digital trigger, it sends out an event when exposre finishes. I can use this event to know when to grab an image.

I have a working VI that uses an event structure to handle this event and pull the image. Using an event structure in my main application will not work for my arcitecture, though, so I need to do a callback VI upon event generation.

I have been trying everything to get a callback VI to work, but it seems LabVIEW thinks that the callback VI doesn't match the input to the "Register Event Callback." I have tried everything ranging from making my own VI to match the exact inputs to just using "Create Callback VI" by right-clicking. No matter what I do to the VI, there is a broken wire.

See attached VI's. The callback VI is unnecessary because it is just a blank VI that was generated.

Any help with this would be highly appreciated!

Thank you,

James

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(4,388 Views)

It looks like your code is looking for a TypeDef called CtlRef.  I don't know if this is part of the IMAQdx spec, or something you need to provide, but providing it should get rid of the broken arrow.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 19
(4,350 Views)

Dear James.

Did you found a solution for this already?

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(4,230 Views)

I am having the same problem: trying to create an Event Callback with an IMAQdx sessions as the event source. When you click create callback vi, it creates the VI, but the wire is broken. It says "Wire: function conflict" even though it has the correct connector pane, types, everything.

callback error.png

If I try to create an Event Callback with a different event source (This VI ref, for example) it works fine. No broken wire. It just has a problem with IMAQdx. 

Anybody has a solution?

P.S.: I know this a very old thread, but it's still unresolved.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(2,750 Views)

It would help us (to help you) if you could create a simple demo VI that illustrates the problem and attach the VI so that we could try to duplicate it with our IMAQdx setups.  I'm not certain I've ever tried to create an IMAQdx callback, otherwise I'd look at my own code, but looking at a small picture of someone else's code "that doesn't work" doesn't give me much to go on.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(2,737 Views)

As requested, I have created a simple VI as an example. Its LabVIEW 2020 SP1.

As the comment says, try to create the callback VI by right clicking on the menu item. Is should result in a callback VI strict reference with a broken wire (as in the picture in my previous post).

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(2,734 Views)

It appeared to work for me:

LV 2020.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(2,718 Views)

Hmm ... that's strange. I have a fresh LabVIEW install with some basic VIPM packages. No customizations.

Could you please upload the example vi with the callback vi, so I can try it on my machine?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 19
(2,716 Views)

@approximately_whatever wrote:

As requested, I have created a simple VI as an example. Its LabVIEW 2020 SP1.

As the comment says, try to create the callback VI by right clicking on the menu item. Is should result in a callback VI strict reference with a broken wire (as in the picture in my previous post).

Replicated in 2020 SP1 and 2017 SP1 (32b). When I hover over the register node's VI Ref terminal, this is what I get in Context Help:

Spoiler
FireFistRedhawk_0-1635971614501.png

Here's all my IMAQdx version info for comparison:

Spoiler
FireFistRedhawk_1-1635971724351.png
Redhawk
Test Engineer at Moog Inc.

Saying "Thanks that fixed it" or "Thanks that answers my question" and not giving a Kudo or Marked Solution, is like telling your waiter they did a great job and not leaving a tip. Please, tip your waiters.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(2,691 Views)

This is what I get in LV 2020:

billko_1-1635976951480.png

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(2,683 Views)