From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Counting pulses using PCI 6602

Hello,

I am new to Labview.I want to count TTL pulses from an APD using PCI 6602 counters and Labview.I have gated the APD signal using an external clock.I I generated this signal using PCI  it has  2.5microsecond on time and 0.5microsecond off time.Then I am counting the pulses at the counter from APD and write it in a file.I am using a queue struucture to do this.The VI seems to work fine without error but the values of the pulses counted keep on increasing I don't understand why this is happening.I think the values are just garbage value.I am confused.Please help!

snh

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,415 Views)

Hi snh,

The problem here could be with your queues... You might want to try instead of using queues for this application just use a local variable for your stop button if you want to stop loops all at the same time. You can also get rid of the multiple while loops and do everything in the main while loop without queues. You would just have to build an array with the data out of the counter read, put it into a shift register, wire the beginning of the shift register back into the build array, and then take the rightmost shift register out into a Write to Measurement File. This will compile all of your data into an array and save it all when you are done. You could also put an indicator within the while loop to look at your data while it is running. 

Does this help?

Brian H. -- Electronics & Measurements Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,376 Views)

Thank you very much for the reply Brian .I will make the changes you suggested and let you know if it works.

snh

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,353 Views)