LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't find 'STATUS' tool in LabVIEW; Help needed!

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone,

I am quite new to LabVIEW environment and trying to learn more about LabVIEW. I am running LabVIEW 2015 SP1 and currently working on a sample project code, which measuring the Temperature and Humidity of the room. Inside the code Im not so sure about a tool called 'STATUS' (please see attached) and where can I find this tool in LabVIEW 2015 version?

Could anyone please suggest me where can I see this 'STATUS' tool in LabVIEW 2015? I have attache my vi screenshoot for your reference.

Thank you very much for your insight in advance.

Cheers,

Mineesh

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,762 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Mineesh

The wire running into the box labelled "Status" is called the Error Line.  You can recognize the contents of LabVIEW Wires by their color and appearance.  In particular, the color of this wire indicates that it is a LabVIEW type called a "Cluster", one of whose elements is called "Status", a Boolean (as you can tell by its Green color).

You need to spend some time learning some Basics about LabVIEW.  Tools are available on the Web.  Here are some free training links to get you started ...

NI Learning Center

NI Getting Started

-Hardware Basics

-MyRIO Project Essentials Guide (lots of good simple circuits with links to youtube demonstrations)

-LabVEW Basics

-DAQ Application Tutorials

-cRIO Developer's Guide 

Learn NI Training Resource Videos

6 Hour LabVIEW Introduction
Self Paced training for students
Self Paced training beginner to advanced, SSP Required

[Shamelessly copied from Hooovahh ...]

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 7
(5,743 Views)

Error Out wire is cluster (Group of different data type elements) of three elements: status, code, and source elements.

-So if you want to get individual element inside cluster you get by using unbundle or unbundle by name.

-Get more info here: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/7571/en/ and the links suggested above by Bob.

Thanks
uday
Message 3 of 7
(5,718 Views)

I would suggest you stop using LIFA and start using LINX. LIFA is old and will not be updated. The person who created LIFA created LINX as a replacement. It supports more hardware. They have a ton of tutorials on the MakerHub website. LIFA does not support newer versions of LabVIEW nor the newer versions of Arduino IDE. You should not be branching your resource wire. Instead you need to put your 2 Read Analog pin.vi in line connected with the resource wire and error wire. Or put that subvi in a for loop and auto index an array of pins in and the results out. 

Now Using LabVIEW 2019SP1 and TestStand 2019
Message 4 of 7
(5,696 Views)

Thanks a lot Bob! I greatly appreciate it:)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,672 Views)

I shall try GovBob. Many thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,669 Views)

Thanks for the suggesion Uday. Appreciate it !

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,666 Views)