From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't Run Host VI ( Deployment couldn't Start - Hanging) While using EtherCAT I/O and 9022 FPGA Shared Variables

Capture.JPG

Hi, Cheers

This is how I have configured my project.

Waiting for suggestions

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,976 Views)

Kannan,

I don't think we have enough information at this time to make any suggestions that aren't more than just shots in the dark.  If you can answer these questions I think we might get some good suggestions.

1. I am assuming by Host VI you mean Main_RT becuase it is what is highlighted in your picture, is this correct?

2. Can you create a simple RT VI in this project and deploy that?  If you cannot do that, can you create a new project and deploy a simple RT VI?

3. If you remove your 9144 from the project can you deploy(you mention EtherCAT specifically in your questions so I wasn't sure if this problem is coming up after you add that)?

4. Can you right-click on your cRIO in the project and connect?

5. Can you deploy that chassis or the shared variable library?

6. Does this hang forver?  You don't have to wait days but if you try to run and leave to get lunch would it still be stuck?

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,903 Views)

Here is my shot in the dark... (although from the sounds of it you can't even deploy the code...)

What version of LabVIEW are you using? In 2011 (I think it was fixed in 2012 SP1) there was a bug where deployed RT executables that contained shared variables based on a type definition would not start running.

Try 'disconnecting type definitions' in the RT executable build specification and see if that works.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,868 Views)

project tree.jpg

1. No my host VI is in PC - which is highlight in the above image

2. ya I'm able to create a VI in RT and deploy it, its working good.

3. yes after adding the EtherCAT 9144, I'm able to read those values from my host sample VI, 

Problem i'm facing is 

I'm having a VI which contains shared variables from RT, also Module I/O from 9144 EtherCAT chasis.

The VI is in Host - PC, if i run it, started deploymeny and hangs on. thats it. it is not continuing.

Will any problem arrives when EtherCAT variables and RT varibles deployed?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,858 Views)

No i'm not using any Type definition in RT

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,856 Views)