LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy picture of graph to clipboard through run-time shortcut menu

Hi Nathan,

I just want copy the graph to clipboard but I need to change the appereance before.
The only way I know is to use Zou's ImageToolbox. When you know another solution tell me.

Thanks
jochynator
LV 8.0.1, WinXP Pro
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(2,463 Views)
joychynator,
       Try creating a local variable for the original graph, then read it with a graph indicator, use property nodes to change the colors that you need to, and then use the event structure approach to copy it to the clip board.  I have a attached an example VI that does the first steps that I just suggested.

Thanks,

Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(2,437 Views)
Hi Nathat,

I know how to programmatically customize the appearance of the graph but I don't know how to programmatically copy the graph after customization to clipboard.

I've read a lot about it and I'm almost sure there is no another way this time except mentioned Zou's program.

But thanks for your interest
jochynator
LV 8.0.1, WinXP Pro
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(2,431 Views)
jochynator,
       Take a look at this VI.  Run the VI and then right click on the "After" XY graph to copy it to your clipboard. 

Thanks,

Nathan
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(2,410 Views)
I can do this! Problem is that I want the user to see only "Before" but copy to clipboard "After".

Imagine situation: someone is working with our application. He sees gray graph that isn't very printer-friendly. He wants to add the graph to his Word (Excel,... ) document and then print it. It means to make the graph printer-friendly looking.

There are two ways. User pushes button (or shortcut menu...)and program customizes the graph and saves the customized graph as PNG (or BMP... )and then user can import picture to Word. This is done in "save.zip" - run "before" and press "Save to picture". But this is not very comfortable for the user. He must save it and then import it from file to Word... it takes a lot of time.

Much effective would be to copy customized graph directly to clipboard and then he can with "ctrl+v" import it to Word. It is much faster!

Do you understand the idea now? User wants to copy "more white" graph to clipboard and then....whatever he wants
jochynator
LV 8.0.1, WinXP Pro
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(2,396 Views)
jochynator,
       Download NI-IMAQ, and then run the example VI I have attached.  It uses the IMAQ ImageToClipboard.VI, which does what you are looking for.  If you incorporate it into your before and after VI structure, the user will not see the after graph.

Thanks,

Nathan
Message 16 of 17
(2,384 Views)
Waw! Thanks Nathan! Really good idea!
jochynator
LV 8.0.1, WinXP Pro
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(2,377 Views)