LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy files to windows CE 5

Hello all

I have a portable device that runs windows CE5 and I want to copy files to and from the device.

The problem is that the device only appears accessible using the windows mobile device center (I'm using windows 7) and the path is something like "Computer\PSION\\\Program Files" and that is not recognized by labview.

Does anyone know how to copy files from the device??

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Adao

Message 1 of 6
(6,130 Views)

Hello Adao,

Some questions toget into the topic :

- Do you use LabVIEW Mobile Module ? It should make things easier.

- Did you disable the different firewalls and User Account Control on your Win7 computer ? Because I would not be surprise it doesnt allow the host computer to talk with a device through the network.

- Can you post the VI you're using ?

Thanks 🙂

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,091 Views)

hello Eric,

I have a PSION that runs Windows CE5.0. It runs a third party app that generates data files. My connection to the device is made by USB and in Windows Explorer it appears as a portable device. I can browse the files using windows explorer but the device has a strange path "Computer\PSION\\\Program Files".

All I want to do is programatically copy files from the portable device to my desktop computer and from the desktop to the portable.

I was using the "Copy Function" from the Advanced File VIs and Functions but the portable device path does not work.

I'm not using the mobile module but I can if I need to.

I have not turned off the firewall because I'm using USB connection.

Thanks,

Adao

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,086 Views)

I have the same problem

i have device installed with winCE 6 and i wish to copy files into mounted volume folder using Labview 2014

the path is: "This PC\WindowsCE\Mounted Volume"

did you find souloution to your problem?

Thank you

Or Hirshfeld

אור הירשפלד

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(5,094 Views)

is installing labview mobile or PDA moudule helps?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(5,091 Views)

@Vladi15_2B wrote:

is installing labview mobile or PDA moudule helps?

Probably not since you want to do this with LabVIEW 2014, and this old toolkit was last supported on 2011.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/12222

This is why posting a new thread is better than posting to a 4 year old one, things change.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(5,049 Views)