cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy - Paste in Outlook Mail

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear All,

I am using the attached VI to send mail through outlook using LabVIEW. But my message contains a table (set of excel rows and columns) which I want to paste it in the body of the mail. I have tried using the function called Array to Spreadsheet string to convert my table into string and place it in the mail. But its not looking nice when comparing with pasting the table in the outlook.

Please suggest, how to copy cells from excel and paste in outlook.

Thanks in advance

Gurum

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,784 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author RAVIDVK

When you Copy and Paste from one Office Product (Excel) to another (Outlook), Office is dealing with the data in an "Office-centric" fashion.  In particular, if it is an Excel table, Office knows the formatting, knows about Cell borders, knows about graphs, etc.

If you want to do the same thing using LabVIEW, as illustrated in the code you showed, you need to change the nicely-formatted representation of the Table, with rows and columns neatly aligned, into a string representation of the same thing.  One thing that is almost certainly going to be lost is the alignment of the columns (though if you separate the columns using Tabs, you might be lucky and have the data align).

If I had to do this, I'd try to figure how how to send an ordinary e-mail (text) message, saying something like "Attached please find the Excel Workbook with all the data", and then figure out how to attach the Excel file to the message.  I have no idea if this is possible ...

Bob Schor

Message 2 of 2
(2,745 Views)