LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting single channel read to multiple channel read for cRIO with 9205 card

Hello,

I am working on a program to calibrate strain gages.  The gages input into the 9205 card on a cRio 9082.  Currently, the program I am using is written to read only one channel at a time. I need to modify the program so that it reads each of the AI channels 0-4 simultaneously.  I am relatively new to LabView and am not quite sure what the best way to do this would be.  The single channel read file is attached below.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,718 Views)

Hi Raiboe,

This should not be too dificult to implement. I would recommend taking a look at the examples that are provided in the NI Example Finder. To find the applicable examples in the browse tab switch to browse according to "Directory Structure". Then on the right side navigate to CompactRIO -> Module Specific -> NI 9205. In that folder you should find examples that are similar to what you want to do. Let me know if you cannot find what you are looking for in these examples.

Scott B.
AE NI
Message 2 of 4
(2,686 Views)

Scott,

Thanks for the reply. The Advanced IO (Host) program looks close to what I need.  However, I would like to incorperate some of the elements from the calAnalog file above.  The Advanced IO samples continuously.  If I am taking calibrations measurements, I need a way to record what the calibration value was in addition to the read input values.  If I was able to take 50 points for so from the gage at a time and pair this with the calibration value, that would be awsome.

Also, our Rio does not have labview installed.  What I have been doing is writing the VI to an application.  When I open the file straight from the examples folder at my workstaion, it is broken. I'm guessing this has something to do with seting up the FPGA with the Rio...? I get quite a few error messages. Most are unwired or bad terminals, but I also get "Open FPGA VI Reference: FPGA VI not found" and "Invoke Method: method not available for current target" errors. Any idea how to fix this?

-Rach

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,661 Views)

Rach,

You can change the example from continuous to finite samples or stop the loop after 50 samples if you would like. The recording of the values should not be difficult. You can do this by using the Report Generation Toolkit if you have it or by using the VIs in the File I/O palette. If you want to see how this is done there are also lots of examples on how to do this in the Example Finder.

When you say that your cRIO does not have LabVIEW installed what do you mean by that? In order for your cRIO to run any code it does need to have software installed. You can check this in NI MAX. You said that you have been making the example VI into an exe and then putting it on your cRIO and that works right? It sounds like your workstation does not have the correct software installed. When you open the code do you see VIs that have question marks on them? The “Open FPGA VI Reference: FPGA VI not found” means that no FPGA VI (a VI under your FPGA target) was specified. Make sure that the project is set up correctly and there are no errors in the project view of the example code.

Scott B.
AE NI
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,648 Views)