LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting Data from BIN BLOCK format to something useable

I am using LabVIEW 12 to interface with an Agilent Oscilloscope (DSO-X 3024A).  I downloaded the device drivers for this scope, but there doesn't seem to be a VI for Printing or Capturing the Screen Image from the scope.  I looked on the Agilent Forums and found the command DISP:DATA? (BMP | PNG) for reading the screen image information.  The result of this command is data in Binary Block format.  How can I convert that data in LabVIEW so that I can display the image or save the image to a file on my PC?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,845 Views)

I read up a little on the binary block data type, and it looks as though it may be a little bit of work to use this data type in LabVIEW. You will either need to determine the data structure of the binblock data type and create a parser yourself, or use the parser made available by Agilent in the Agilent IO Libraries Suite in tandem with a VISA-COM interface. You might try posting on the Agilent forums for more insight into the structure of this data type and the best method of parsing it.

Best regards,

Andy C.

Applications Engineering

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,815 Views)