LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert from epoch timestamp to human readable date

Hi everybody,

I want to retrieve a human readable date from an fpga target of a sbRIO9636 ,so what is the function which can convert an epoch timestamp to a human readable date ? 

(Noting that i need to retrieve the second,minute,hour,day,month,year... from the fpga target of this device)

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,108 Views)

As long as you are retrieving the components of a date time record- just bundle them:

!2.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,099 Views)

Hello 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,084 Views)

I may not fully understand the problem, but it sounds like you need that work to be done on the host side.  On startup the host can keep the starting time in a shift register then start the FPGA which keeps track of the amount of time passed since the start time.  This can be in milliseconds, microseconds, or ticks depending on the resolution needs.  Then the FPGA just reports this number which is the amount of time passed since start.  The host can get this number and add it to the start time from earlier and then you have the correct time from the FPGA that you can display or log or format how you want.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,039 Views)

I have a program which retrieve the current time of windows (with the Get Date/Time in Seconds and Seconds to Date/time functions) and calculate the julian day parameter by using the second,minute,hour,day,month and year wich are displayed on the elements of the Unbundle By Name function (connected in the output of Seconds to Date/time function).

This program works within windows and real time but I can't run it in the chassis of the sbRIO (errors displayed that these functions above aren't supported in the current target)

Can i use another method to solve this problem.

(See the front panel of this program in the following attached file)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,022 Views)