cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert TDMS- to TXT-file with same name

Solved!
Go to solution

Hey,

I am working on a VI to convert my data from TDMS to TXT. My original file is quite large so I first use a VI to split this file into a few hundert smaller TDMS files. I found a nice VI to do the task online which I adapted slightly (see TDMS to TXT Converter.vi), e.g. I added a timer function to give a specific starting time. The problem I am now facing is that the program doesn't process the TDMS files in order while the TXT file numbers are given successively - so I can't assign the TXT files to the TDMS files. I tried to extract the TDMS file names and use them to name the output TXT files but I don't know how to overcome the data type conflict (see TDMS to TXT Converter_Version.vi). Do you have any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,953 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Aliom

You do not need the List Folder for where you are making the file path for the text file.  You already have the folder you want to put the data in and the proper file name.  So just use the Build Path and wire the result into the Create/Replace File.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 3
(3,939 Views)

Thanks a lot...now it's working! I also had to disable buffering of the create file function...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,916 Views)