LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert TDMS to EXCEL Error

What if I don't want to setup M.S Office to my computer? I don't use M.S. office and I didn't setup M.S Office on my workstation but I still want to convert this files TDMS to EXCEL. Do I have to setup M.S. office if I use this conversion?

Yasemin Barutçu
Electrical And Electronics Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(553 Views)

The VI you refer to directy uses MS Excel through its COM interface, and within MS Excel the NI TDM Excel Add-In to read TDMS files. So if you do not want to setup MS Office on you computer, you will have find another solution that does not require MS Office.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(544 Views)

Hi No_RegreTs,

The trouble is creating the Microsoft binary *.xls or *.xlsx file, which LabVIEW doesn't do natively.  If you don't want to rely on Microsoft Excel to write the resulting Excel file, would it be sufficient to create a tab-delimited ASCII file that loads into Excel?  Many customer do this and then name the tab-delimited ASCII file with a *.xls file extension so that double-clicking on it loads the file into Excel automatically (albeit slower than a "real" *.xls" file).  LabVIEW does have a "Write To SpreadSheet File.vi" that would create a tab-delimited ASCII file.

Brad Turpin

DIAdem  Product Support Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(538 Views)

Thank you very much.. I'll try to do it using spreadsheet subvi.

Yasemin Barutçu
Electrical And Electronics Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(520 Views)

Not that I've ever used it, but there is a TDMS addin for OpenOffice as well.

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6849

No idea how difficult it would be to perform the same operations with OpenOffice.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(512 Views)