cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert/Import TDMS to Excel

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I've been working with your subvi on my computer but When I try to use it on my laptop I got this error "Property Node (arg 1) in Convert TMDS to XLSX80.vi" in ExcelTDMLib.ITDMAddin property node.

After I had got this error, I tried it on my workstation but got an error on COMAddins propertynode.

Could you please help me about this error?

Yasemin Barutçu
Electrical And Electronics Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 57
(3,885 Views)

Hi No_RegreTs,

I noticed that your Excel._Application 2 refnum is a duplicate, you can try deleting it and recreating a new one.  I would probably try relinking each of the ActiveX refnums anyways to make sure that they are referenced properly.  

Otherwise, which versions of Microsoft Excel and the TDM Excel Add-In do you have installed on each of the problem machines?  Can you run the code in highlight execution mode and tell us exactly at which of the ExcelTDMLib.ITDMAddin property nodes the error is occuring at?

Thanks.

Brian

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 57
(3,860 Views)

First I got this error on ComAddins part but after I looked that  "Non-reponsive icon" issue (http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5885) it's done. but now the error is occuring at ExcelTDMLib.ITDMAddin property node. Here is the error problem screenshot..

original.jpg 

Yasemin Barutçu
Electrical And Electronics Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 57
(3,850 Views)

1.  Make sure an error wire is connected from COMAddIn property node to the Variant to Data.vi.  

2.  Try recompiling the VI by the instructions in the following link:

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/37591EDE7A15F5DC86256CC3005BFE35?OpenDocument

3.  Make sure you do not have an existing Excel file in the directory when you run the program.

If these steps don't work, we will need the versions of Excel and the TDM Excel Add-In on the working and non-working machines.

Brian

Brian G.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 57
(3,843 Views)

Hello,

I'm using your Import TDMS VI 4 times as subvi's, to import 4 different TDMS files in excel.

In the main vi the user can choose if he/she wants to view the measurements in excel, therefore the measurements from the past can also be viewed.

In my normal mainVI (not the main VI that is attached) the first time that a TDMS file is imported in excel goes smoothly.

But when i close the created excel file and than afterwords import another TMDS, a error occours.

There is a problem with the index, the index isn't correct.

In the mainVI that is attached the problem occurs from the beginning.

I don't know what the problem is, i close every reference, i think it has to be something with the index.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 57
(3,780 Views)

Hi dries_vdstr,

I am not seeing the error you are getting. When you say an error occurs do you have any information on that error? Where is the place it occurs in your code and what are the details?

DylanC

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 57
(3,757 Views)

Hi DylanC

Unfortuanly i forgot to attach the main program.

Before running the program the path of the 4 TDMS files have to be inserted in each Write_TDMS_... .vi.

In my normal mainVI (not the main VI that is attached) the first time that a TDMS file is imported in excel goes smoothly.

But when i close the created excel file and than afterwords import another TMDS, a error occours.

In the mainVI that is attached the problem occurs from the beginning.

The VI doesn't insert the TDMS file in Excel. And the following error message is given in the Write_TDMS_...vi.

Invalid index.

in Write_TDMS_All_devices.vi->Write_TDMS.vi->mainII.vi

I don't know what the problem is, i close every reference...

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 57
(3,730 Views)

Hey

i've found the problem, for the person who's interesseted can look at the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 57
(3,726 Views)

Thank you very much for this tool! Really helpful and easy to use.

Maybe someone can help me with a little adaption of the vi...I would like to automatically overwrite the created excel file, because I run it in a loop and don't want to accept the saving process all the time.

I'm sure it is very easy for all of you, but I just started using LabView and it is still too complicated... 🙂

Thanks in advance!
Fabi

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 57
(3,660 Views)

I found a way to overwrite the existing file...a "SaveCopyAs" method at the end before the "close" method. At the close method I changed "SaveAs" to false.

Now the file is overwritten each time the loop starts and I do not get the message anymore.

Thanks again for the tool !!!

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 57
(3,644 Views)