From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Question

I had purchased a VI data logger for windows and a TBX-68T terminal block from you in June this year. We FINALLY are getting that project rolling and had a pretty big question. When your using the data logger and it takes a measurements in Volts from our pressure transducer. What or how can I find out what the corresponding pressure is. Is there a conversion factor, or something on the program.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,213 Views)

@jmartin wrote:
I had purchased a VI data logger for windows and a TBX-68T terminal block from you in June this year. We FINALLY are getting that project rolling and had a pretty big question. When your using the data logger and it takes a measurements in Volts from our pressure transducer. What or how can I find out what the corresponding pressure is. Is there a conversion factor, or something on the program.

Seems that you are not at the right adress : this is the USER Discussion Forum. Therefore you could not buy anything from us 🙂
But may be we could help you, if you could refine your question :
- what transducer are you using ? No chance that this something provided by NI. So try to find the manufacturer's technical info.
- what program are you talking about ? If it is a vi, and if you can access the diagram, adding a scaling function will probably be easy. If not, you'll have to find the right interlocutor.

CC
Chilly Charly    (aka CC)

E-List Master - Kudos glutton - Press the yellow button on the left...

Message 2 of 3
(2,178 Views)
The easiest way of converting voltage to pressure is to obtain either the calibration sheet or the manufacturer's literature that came with the transducer. If you have a cal sheet then you can use the slope and offset and use this as your scale factor to convert volts to pressure. If there is no cal sheet, then you need to find what the output of the transducer is. Usually a transducer has a 0-10V, 0-5V, or 1-5V output. With this information and assuming the transducer is linear, you can create a scale factor based on the maximum pressure of your transducer is equal to 10 or 5 Volts. For example, if your gage has a 0-5V output with a range of 0-250 psi, then a 3 volt output would be equal to (3/5)* 250 or 150 psi. Your third option is to calibrate the transducer yourself and use this data for your scale factor.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,163 Views)