LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion Problem

Solved!
Go to solution

There still seems to be a lot of duplicate code that could be eliminated and streamlined. I think it could be done with about half the code. 😉 Try it.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(200 Views)

Your right! and when your right your right!

The 7 digit number was mistake on my half - when I was doing some calculations I forgot that the calculator would not let me inpurt 0 at the start of number without a decimal.  so I lost a digit.

Yes the requirement is for an 8 digit decimal number to be converted into a 24 -then 26 bit binary sequence.  The amount of bits are fixed as this conversion is part of a protocol. Where they could never be more that a 26 bit representation.  However you have high-lighted a valid point and I may have to introduce some kind of error handler just in case that in the event of an invalid number being introduced, the program throws it out.  not sure how I would do this though, or what the best way to go about it is.

The program will be running on Compact RIO FPGA - module 9403. 

I only completed Labview core 1 last week at National Instrument (UK), in two weeks I have FPGA course same place.  I before core 1 I had never touched labview or similar. I am not from an electronics background either.   Its a steep learning curve for me,  I appreciate the advice and help you give.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(187 Views)