From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controls does not response on second entry into a event structure

Controls do not response on second entry into an event structure even though I unregistered the events. I used a dynamic registration of events prior to entry into the while loop that contains the event structure. What am I doing wrong?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,479 Views)
Is your event structure really getting to the second iteration? Is it possible that it's still stuck in the first, maybe waiting for something from you?
Try disabling the "Lock Front Panel Controls..." option from the Edit Events window and see how this affects it.
It is unclear to me exactly what you're trying to do, so if that didn't help, maybe you can post the releveant piece of code and let us see.

(2,468 Views)
I am trying to monitor only the current page (top page) control of the tab control. I have attached the some VIs
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,454 Views)
You're registering for events twice. For example, in the sequence on the left you use the fruit register VI both in frame 0 and in frame 2. If you remove the one in frame 2, you'll see it works fine. I didn't dig deep, but if you look you'll probably find something similar for the color tab.

(2,438 Views)
By the way, you can place a case structure inside the events, and only execute the code if the tab is equal to X.

(2,436 Views)
Hi,

Why do you take so much effort to only monitor one page at once? Waiting for events does not generate much overhead. Why not do it normally (make a loop, and put 6 static events in it?).

If you search for "event" in the help, you'll find recommendations and caveats. You broke at least one (Avoid placing two Event structures in one loop) recommendation...

Regards,

Wiebe.

"CEY" <x@no.email> wrote in message news:173575@exchange.ni.com...
I am trying to monitor only the current page (top page) control of the tab control. I have attached the some VIs

Events.llb:
http://forums.ni.com/attachments/ni/170/101858/1/Events.llb
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,427 Views)