LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling thermotron 2800 using lab view 2010

I am  using agilent 82357B GPIB - USB cable to control thermotron 2800 using lab view 2010

I could find the device in the MAX tool by enabling the NIVIsa tulip.dll option under passports

If i send the Read operation request under VISA test panel ,it always shows up the error "Time out before the operation completed " (Refer attachment)

I am getting the same error even in the VISA Read operation in LAB view .

Is the problem due to the agilent cable incompatibility?

Also ,It would be great if i get the sample vi's that has the GPIB settings and basic commands

(status, setting temperature , etc ) used to control thermotron 2800

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,050 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,040 Views)

I am a noobie to LABVIEW 2014 and forum. I have an older Thermotron with 2800 controller. I am able to query via MAX. I have installed the TH4800 vi set. Though the 2800 is a simpler controller. Looking for cycle chamber between hot and cold, with Start & Stop functions.

Can you provide guidance and possibly a starting vi?

Appreciate any help.

rickcama

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,888 Views)
Please don't hijack an unrelated thread. Post a new question with details on what you have tried and the problems you are having. Most of your questions seem related to LabVIEW basics and there are numerous free tutorials.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,879 Views)
Its been a while since I used that controller, but it sounds like you have a set of drivers and you can communicate with it. Do you have manuals? That will tell you how to operate the thing.

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,838 Views)