From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling pump using SignalExpress

I am interested in controlling a Masterflex 77521 pump via this DB9 connection on the back. I have a usb daq device that I could use and I would like to ask you if I could control this pump using SignalExpress or if I would really need to create a program in LabView.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,694 Views)

Hi msilva,

the instruction manual describes all those input/output signals, did you read it?

Did you compare the information given in the manual with the possibilities of your (unnamed!) USB DAQ device?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,683 Views)

Hi GerdW,

I checked the manual, but I have never worked with LabView or daq devices. I will have someone to help me with that, but I just wanted to know if you would need to program something on LabView, or if somehow that would be avoided with SignalExpress.

Taking into account that this daq device would be able to give those needed input signals, would this be possible?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,640 Views)

Hi msilva,

Taking into account that this daq device would be able to give those needed input signals, would this be possible?

I think so. The required signals are standard boolean and voltage signals you can output with even cheap reasonable priced daq hardware…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,630 Views)