LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a Triple Output Agilent Power Supply

Thanks for the responses! Most of them are way above my knowledge level, but I learn more and more everytime I use this forum... thanks!

I am using LabVIEW and whatever drivers we have installed at school, so I'm not sure of the specifics. I will post some of my code early next week as well as the power supply driver I'm using for some of you experts to take a look at. Hopefully its as easy as using a different driver!

Thanks! This forum is awesome!
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(972 Views)
OK, I have attached my VI as well as the VI I'm using to try to control the two Agilent triple output power supplies. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why it is not controlling both power supplies?

A little background... The VI is supposed to take a black and white .bmp file, scan each pixel and output two voltages based on the location of each black pixel. It scans the .bmp fine, but I can't get the voltage control part to work.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(972 Views)
The VISA resource name is incorrect unless you have 8 GPIB boards. The correct syntax is GPIB[interface #]::[Primary Address]::INSTR. If you click the arrow on the right side of the control, you should get a list of all valid addresses found by MAX. You would then have to call this VI twice to control both supplies.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 18
(972 Views)
Dennis is right. I would also add that you need to make sure you don't leave the current limit set for zero when you program the voltage. This could cause your supply to look as though it isn't working.

If you want to set both supplies with one execution put it in a while loop with a "Done" boolean to stop the loop when your finished.

You should also remember to close your visa session (outside the while loop). If you don't you will create new sessions each time you run it.
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(972 Views)
I am trying to use two channels to control source-drain and gate-voltages for a transistor. Does anyone have example programs with E3631A? Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(963 Views)
lots of comments .......... less content.............

some thoughts my side ...... very less content... 😞

because of using LV7.1.1 and not having the ability to go back to LV6.0
find the very simple program for HP36xx Power supply as jpg - picture....
I have copied & pasted Front panels + Diagrams of interest.
As you can see - the Power_supply.vi from post above is one of my sub.vi's
I don't understand the functionality of the ReadBMP032204.vi .... -
but you make mistakes in using the Power_supply.vi - there is no
Current Input connected - means, that 0.00 mA from default value are in use.
Enlighten me and maybe others - what you really want to do here ...........

In addition for Mr. or Mrs. CODE an XY-Graph ( Output characteristic
of a Power Transistor - dynamically measured in order to avoid selfheating )
For this Transistor measurement the used Power Supply might be of any kind,
but needs a capacitor for these currents - close to DUT.

Regards
Werner
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(949 Views)
This is exactly what I want. Could you send me the labview codes at rdyang@gmail.com? I am using your Power_Supply vi, it actually works well to control either outputs. But I don't know whether or not is faster than the E3631 driver code. In my measurement, I set the current level to high limit, 1A for +-25 V and 6A for +6V as I am using it as voltage source. So I don't want to be current level limited.
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 18
(934 Views)

Hi may I  have the hp3631 vi. file that you have created... 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 18
(508 Views)