From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling PPMS from Labview

Hello,

I want to control PPMS(Physical Property Measurement System, Quantum Design Inc.) from Labview. I used the package provided by the QD company. When I run the example VI in the package, the program always throw out an exection:

QDInstrument.dll threw exception System.Exception in OpenQDInstrument.vi->QDInstrument_Example.vi.

Error details are below and also in the error cluster labeled "Error in" in QDInstrumentExceptionHandler.vi.

VI will now abort.

Error details:
System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component.)

I don‘t know how to solve this problem. If anyone has any suggestion, please kindly tell me.

The Attachment is  the package provided by the QD company.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,575 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,564 Views)

Thanks!

I've solved the problem. All software, include MultiVu and Labview, should run as administer.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,556 Views)

Hi

I'm using an ppms model 6000, but i have to control the 3He Option, this  has its own termometer to read and control temperature.  Can u please tell me if can i use this interface to control 3He option? of something more is required?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,374 Views)