LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling LabView with commands from text file

Hi all,

I am working on being able to control LabView with instructions given in text file. It will have commands like

Run, Stop and also input parameters. I dont know if LabView can directly read the text file and with some

processing understand the commands (Run and Stop) and act accordingly.I do not know if this can be

done in LabView. I am now trying to use tool like Matlab which can read and process

the text file and pass the arguments in command line.

The overarching goal is that I should be able to change commands and inputs in this text file and LabView

should act accordingly. Please let me know if anyone has suggestions for this.

PS: I posted the same question in a different thread which was on a somewhat different topic. I was advised

to start a new thread as this is a different topic

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,189 Views)

LabVIEW itself (with the possible exception of "scripting") won't parse text and act on it, but a program, written in LabVIEW, can be created to read in a text file and act on this text. My current project does exactly that. I don't have the links to previous threads, a search on "Test Engine" or "test sequencer" should turn up some previous discussions. There is in fact an example that in the LabVIEW examples pull down of the basics of the concept.

Putnam
Certified LabVIEW Developer

Senior Test Engineer North Shore Technology, Inc.
Currently using LV 2012-LabVIEW 2018, RT8.5

LabVIEW Champion

Message 2 of 2
(2,182 Views)