LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Dynamixel MX-64 from myRIO 1900 usb port

Hi all,

I am using myRIO 1900 for a robotic application. I have a Dyanmixel motor that controls one joint of my robot.

There are two problems that I'm trying to solve.

The first is when I control this motor in labview 2016 (windows 10) running on my laptop using the usb port I get a read VISA error and then the position feedback signal is lost during the operation.

The second problem is how to transfer this code to myRIO1900 instead of using my laptop. I wonder if anyone has done this before.

Please see the file attached that I run on my laptop. I appreciate any feedback or help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,882 Views)

My first suggestion is to spend more time with the Getting Started with LabVIEW tutorials.  You should not need to use Local Variables in your code.  You should learn to use Shift Registers, and, especially while getting started, I would recommend using more While loops (with Shift Registers) and staying away from Feedback Loops (which, I confess, I usually have difficulty understanding at first glance).

Try to make your wires straighter, your VI's more compact, and organized (with Free Labels, if necessary) so that you (and the Interested Reader) can "see at a glance" what is going on.  Having a really clear understanding of what the code is supposed to be doing goes a long way in pointing out where it "isn't conforming to specifications".

If your Block Diagram won't fit on a modest-sized monitor (say 1280 x 1024), consider encapsulating (particularly irrelevant-to-the-bigger-purpose) code in a sub-VI (which takes only 32x32 pixels on the Block Diagram.

If you do this, of course, you'll need to attach multiple VIs for us.  The easiest way to do this, particularly if you are using LabVIEW Project (and, if you are not using Project, you should be!) is to compress the folder holding the Project and attach the resulting .ZIP file.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,827 Views)