From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling CCD camera

Hi,

I wrote a LabView program to control the CCD camera. The program has 2 purpose, first upload a picture on the SLM( the device that introduces the phase shift to the laser light) and then takes pictures of the corresponding laser( the pictures are supposed to look different). However, when I run the program, it only gave me same picture, so I think the program does not really control the camera. Can someone help me explain why?( the name of the program is autosnapshot.vi)

Thanks,

Toan

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,627 Views)

You need to incorporate some logic to see if you actually have a new picture or not. I usually just check if the buffer number has changed since the previous iteration. Also, if you want people to put a certain extension at the end of the file, you can make "pattern" input to be "*.bmp" or whatever file extension you would like.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,598 Views)

I do not see where you are controlling your phase shift device.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,595 Views)

Computer understands the SLM as the secondary monitor. The part that uploading picture to a window which is open in a secondary window actually upload the pictures to the SLM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,587 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

I do not see where you are controlling your phase shift device.

Computer understands the SLM as the secondary monitor. The part that uploading picture to a window which is open in a secondary window actually upload the pictures to the SLM

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,584 Views)

@Gregory wrote:

You need to incorporate some logic to see if you actually have a new picture or not. I usually just check if the buffer number has changed since the previous iteration. Also, if you want people to put a certain extension at the end of the file, you can make "pattern" input to be "*.bmp" or whatever file extension you would like.

The buffer number does change, the only thing that does not change is pictures of the beam which are suppose to be different.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,582 Views)

Can you upload the two pictures you are getting when you run the program?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,572 Views)