LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Array of cluster elements

@RoopeshV wrote:

I am scanning the machines which are connected with in a local network. List of machies connected are displayed in the cluster elements which are:

1. String1 - Client IP adress.

2. String2 - Client System Name.

3. Connect button

The Connect button should be visible on mouse over of respective array index.

For more information i have attached a screen shot of the vi which i am working. 

That is sounding like a bad GUI.  What's wrong with always having the button always visible?  How are you showing who you are actually connected to?

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(405 Views)

Like it was said previously, elements in an array have to have the same properties. But to show highlight one element in an array over another, you can put in a color box behind all your elements in your cluster. The color box will act as the background of your cluster. Since the color box's color is its value and not a property you can now have different background colors for different elements in the array. Also you can have an event case for mouse move or mouse down? over the boolean in your array and when the user tries to click on it or hovers over it, you can change the mouse icon to tell the user it is disable and actually discard any mouse clicks on that specific boolean. The boolean won't be invisible like you want it though.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(398 Views)

If you can make the color transparent when moused over and place it in front of the boolean it might work.

Doug

"My only wish is that I am capable of learning each and every day until my last breath."
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(394 Views)

@crossrulz wrote:

@RoopeshV wrote:

I am scanning the machines which are connected with in a local network. List of machies connected are displayed in the cluster elements which are:

1. String1 - Client IP adress.

2. String2 - Client System Name.

3. Connect button

The Connect button should be visible on mouse over of respective array index.

For more information i have attached a screen shot of the vi which i am working. 

That is sounding like a bad GUI.  What's wrong with always having the button always visible?  How are you showing who you are actually connected to?

I need to echo that sentiment!  definatly rethink the user story.  just to get you thinking along other ways to implement this than an array of clusters I whipped this out.  It may not have anything whatsoever to do with how your GUI will look/operate in the future but it is something else that a user might find more intuitive

Example_VI.png

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(386 Views)

Hi All,

Thank you everyone who has replied on this problem. Considering this is a array limitation. So our requirement is changed, as suggested by 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(364 Views)