LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control the movement of the KuKa youbot platform.

Hi everyone,

I am going to do a project about KuKa Robot arm. The arm is mounted in a movement platform. You can see the overview of the system in the links follow: http://www.youbot-store.com/youbot-store/youbots/youbots/kuka-youbot-omni-directional-mobile-platfor... . Firstly, i have to use a mobile device to let the platform move to the fixed place then the arm will take the object by using the information from the camera : webcam, kinect...Now i have the problem about the first step. My job is using some mobile control (mobile phone, tablet..) that has dashboard software which can be download from android or IOS store (like in a racing mobile game). The device will be connected to the robot through wireless certainly and there will be a CompactRIO system to do that.

Can anyone help me to explain or to introduce some dashboard software to let the platform move?

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,549 Views)

What you describe sounds almost exacly like an NIWeek 2012 keynote demo where an iPad was used to control both simulated and real versions of a Kuka youBot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfjTl6A121M&list=PL1DA220547826E141&index=16

I don't believe the code for this demo is publicly available, but it is very similar to this example of controlling a Starter Kit robot using the Touch OSC app.  Note that the LabVIEW Robotics 2013 module includes an API to control the Kuka youBot.

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,527 Views)

Hi,

That's what i'm looking for and i have to create that program.May be i will use an android phone to control it instead of using Ipad. Do you know the name of the software that i can download from Play Store? Is it Touch OSC as you have mentioned?

Son Nam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,514 Views)

This particular example works with the TouchOSC app, which is available for both iOS and Android.  You may also want to consider using Data Dashboard for LabVIEW.  It communicates through shared variables, so it wouldn't work with this robotics example without a lot of modifications.

Chris M

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,506 Views)

I am a student and i dont have credit card to buy it. Do you know any software else? 🙂 and may be i have to connect phone to the the Platform by putting IP address?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,493 Views)

You need a credit card to buy what?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,481 Views)
To buy TouchOSC in Android market
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,452 Views)

Okay.  I had to bury down through 3 different links specifically looking for Android before I ever found anything that mentioned costs.

That page is here https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.hexler.touchosc_a for anyone who is following this thread.

If you don't have a credit card to pay the $5 to buy an online app, then I'm afraid you have bigger problems that have nothing to do with LabVIEW.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,438 Views)

I have used the Dashboard for Labview.I created the shared variable in labview but i cant connect the device to the PC.The error when i type in the IP DNS is invalid server.

I dont know how can i connect the device with the PC with that software.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,420 Views)

hi...

is there any way to connect the kuka youbot from labvie without CRio or this kind of connection device. I prefer to connect laptop through  buildin lan or wifi. for Initializes an EtherCAT host interface to a real KUKA youBot really thre need CRio/Connection master or there are some other way.

when i am trying to initialize it getting this error warning. have other way to host it? if i connect as usual lan cable what is the way to getrid of this warning?

ni warning.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,265 Views)