From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control's position appears differently on WinXP and Win7

Solved!
Go to solution

When I created my executable application on Windows 7, all the controls were at the correct positions. But when I ran my executable on Windows XP, some controls' position changed. All four controls are aligned to bottom when I created them.

See attached screenshots.

Any suggestions?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,779 Views)

Are you using system fonts for everything? (Select everything and press ctrl+2 to change to system fonts)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,764 Views)

Your problem is the changing of the application fonts.  I recommend giving this help document a good read: Porting VIs among Platforms

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,753 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author rrww

As the others have pointed out, the fonts change between systems.  What works for me is the following:

I've added these lines to every  "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW xxx\LabVIEW.ini"   file on my system (v7.1.1 thru 2015)

appFont="Tahoma" 13
dialogFont="Tahoma" 13
systemFont="Tahoma" 13
FPFont="Tahoma" 13
BDFont="Tahoma" 13

I include the execution of the attached VI as a "post build action" as part of the EXE build process.

post-build actions.jpg

If you ever use browser-based (IE, Firefox, Chrome)  remote front panels then you may also find that you need to set the default font in the browser to match.

FF default font.jpg

In Windows 7 at least, the other setting that can affect the appearance of the GUI is found on the Windows Display control panel.   Any setting other than the Smaller/100% setting (usually 96dpi) can cause some text values to overfill their text boxes.

Display CP.jpg

Message 4 of 4
(2,741 Views)