LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control of TDS3014B

I would like to control Tektronix TDS3014B through GPIB-ENET/100 by using my PC. The connection between

TDS3014B and PC went well and I installed the driver of TDS3000. However, the error occurs in Error Query VI

in using a sample VI. The error occurs when the command ‘EVMSG?’ is written by VISA write VI in Error Query VI.
Curiously, the error doesn’t occur in writing ‘EVMSG?’ on MAX. Can anyone prease tell me how to solve this problem?

I would be grateful for your support.
vanila

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,590 Views)

More details might help us answer your question.

Which error do you encounter?

Since you already figured out that writing the command outside your code works fine the problem is most likely within your code. Smiley Wink

Please post your vi so we have a chance to see what's the matter.

Regards Florian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,587 Views)

Dear Florian

Thank you very much for your response.
The sample VI was downloaded along with the driver and I didn’t diddle it.

(http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=164)

The Error Query VI where the error occured is shown in the attached file ‘error_q’.

The error cord is 1073807302 and it means ‘Unable to start operation because setup

is invalid(due to attributes being set to an inconsistent state).’ The error occurs at VISA

write VI as shown in attached file.

It would be nice if you could give me advice.

Regards,
vanila

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,567 Views)
The error does NOT occur in error query VI. The VI reports errors that the instrument detects. You will need to determine exactly which function causes the error and then which command or combination of commands that the instrument does not like. You have not mentioned which example you are running. The link you provided lists three separate drivers and you haven't even said which one you downloaded.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,561 Views)

In the screenshot it looks to me as if the error does occur in tktds3k Error Query VI.

If it only reported an error that had already been detected it would not throw an error into the error wire at visa write.

If the error message says the visa setup is incorrect it might be just that. The Error Query VI if run alone doesn't setup the properties of the visa connection at all.

If you want to use it like that you may have to setup baud rate, parity, etc.

Regards Florian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,549 Views)

Dear Dennis and Florian

Thank you very much for your comments.

I am using the driver ‘Plug and Play (project-style)’ and ‘Auto setup waveform acquire.VI as a sample VI.

To tell the truth, the error was resolved by changing I/O operation of VISA write and read VIs from asynchronous

to synchronous I/O. However, I can’t understand why the error occurs in the case of asynchronous I/O.

Regards

vanila

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,546 Views)