LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control mouseover image does not display when contained in an array of clusters.

Solved!
Go to solution

I have been using system booleans (with some customization) for the ability to impement mouseover animations.  For example (default system booleans):

System Boolean animation.png

The mouseover feedback works well with my UI, and for the most part everything is going great.

However, the mouseover image does not load if the the boolean is contained within an array of clusters (a single cluster with the boolean inside or an array of booleans works as expected):

Array of Cluster System Booleans.png

The mouseover animation does work for a single array element in the above case (the one which was most recently clicked), but this behavior isn't desirable and it seems buggy if I were to leave this on my UI as it is.

So I guess I'm just wondering if anybody has encountered this or has any suggested workarounds?  The few that I've thought of so far (maintain a separate array for any set of system boolean controls, check coordinates myself on mouse move event and try to update the proper element in the array, avoid using mouseover animations entirely for this set of controls) aren't all that desirable.  Even though this issue could be considered cosmetic, the UI is very important to me as this code is something shipped to customers.

This is LV 2011 by the way, so if by some chance the behavior in 2012 is correct please let me know (this alone might be reason enough to convert the project up).  If there is a CAR ID for this behavior and an NI employee wishes to share it I would also appreciate that.

Best Regards,  

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,371 Views)

Hey John,

Would you mind posting your code, or a part of your code that contains the aforementioned behavior? I can upload it to 2012 and let you know if the mouseover function behaves as expected, or if I can find a workaround in 2011 or 2012.It will also help me search for a CAR if I can reference your code's specific behavior.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,342 Views)

Hey Jason,

A reproducing VI would be any VI that contains an array of clusters with a system control boolean inside.  Here's an example:

MouseoverTester.png

Single Boolean, Single Cluster, and Array of Booleans all show the proper mouseover image.

Array of Clusters always shows the mouseover effect on the last element which was clicked, but does not show the mouseover effect on other array elements (actually, it seems to be inconsistent--every now and then it does show the mouseover effect on other array elements but it is not at all reliable).

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,337 Views)
Solution
Accepted by John_P1

Hi John,

Thank you for the clear example of this behavior. I was able to reproduce this issue in LabVIEW 2010, 2011 SP1, and 2012. I could not find a CAR that mentioned this unexpected behavior, so I went ahead and filed one myself. For your reference, the CAR number is 36785, and I believe I included everything you mentioned.

Best,

Jason M.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
Message 4 of 4
(2,318 Views)