LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control air-conditioner by Labview

Hello.
I have a plan to install a heat-pump in my apartment.
I am thingk to control it by using Labview for a kind of automatic control.
But, I have no idea how to control the speed of air speed and the air temperature.
I have experienced to control a fan just for on and off.
If you know or have a good idea to control an air-conditioner, please help me out.

I will appreciate your help.

Thank you.

JoonHo
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,707 Views)

I think they make these devices called programmable thermostats to do exactly what you want to do.  You can pick them up for $40-$80 at the hardware store.  Smiley Wink

This seems like an ambitious project for Labview.  You would need a DAQ card and signal conditioners to read either a thermocouple or RTD.

The real question is you are talking about fan speed control.  You would need to find out about the motor in the air conditioner and see what interface it would give you for controlling speed.  This is not a trivial matter.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,700 Views)

I am looking for air conditioning....  Give Me Some Ideas or Send Me Some Website

Links...... Could anyone please tell me

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,081 Views)

@mike745 wrote:

I am looking for air conditioning....  Give Me Some Ideas or Send Me Some Website

Links...... Could anyone please tell me

Is this question in some way related to LabVIEW? Please explain how. (The 5 year old thread above has a non-LabVIEW solution, so it is not clear what you want.)

What happens if you type "air conditioning" into a google search?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,070 Views)