LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control a relay circuit

I have a circuit with four relays and two limit switches. It is used to control a motor to rotate in forward or backward direction. The motor is connected to a cart.

Now I have to program using labview, which i can know how many times the relay have changed its direction or how many times the cart have passed a specific point. After the specific number, the circuit will be shut down. How can it be achieved?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(3,056 Views)

Have you gone through the tutorials? What hardware do you have?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(3,027 Views)
The hardware is only daq.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(3,013 Views)

@Nightwind123 wrote:
The hardware is only daq.

I am sure you could be a bit more specific than that.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,009 Views)
I am not quite sure about the model. Besides, if any other equipment is needed and the price is affordable, I can go and purchase.
I have only gone through two hour classes in college. However, this programme is very urgent, can anybody provide me an example?

Sorry for inconvenience.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,999 Views)
You typically control a relay with a digital output. You probably need an external driver to provide enough current. Digital output, especially static output, is dead simple. There are examples that come with LabVIEW that should get you started. Please attach what you have done so far.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,985 Views)
I am using a 24v dc power supply to provide the current. This is the circuit. Now the circuit work well.
My task is just to add a program, so that the program can shows how many times the relay has changed the direction, and shut down the circuit after specific number.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,977 Views)
That, for me at least, is unreadable. Please provide a proper schematic and post a jpg or png file. Be a little more professional and do not take a photo.

What's especially unclear is what is controlling the actual operation of your relays. Saying 24 power supply is just not enough.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,950 Views)

You've been rather vague so far and that makes it next to impossible to help you.

It sounds like your circuit is already functional entirely, to include the control.  You don't want to control the circuit.  You want to know how many times it's switching and what direction things are moving.  Essentially, you want to log the signal to see when it's 0, +24, and -24 V.  Is that correct?

Once it's logged, you want to be able to determine how many voltage changes you have?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,940 Views)