LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control a Keithley with Labview, error -1074000000

Hello,

I try to control a Keithley 3706 (a Keithley 3721-ST Screw Terminal Block is connected with it) with Labview 2013 SP1. The connection is made via USB. I installed the drivers (found on the Keithley site).
First, I verified the connection with VISA Interactive Control: when I click on the Input/Outpout tool then Query I get the right data.

Second, on Labview I click on Instrument I/O => Instruments Drivers ==> Keithley 3706 ==> ke37xx Initialize.vi (It seems to be ok again)

Third, to make a test:  Instrument I/O => Instruments Drivers ==> Keithley 3706 ==> Examples ==> Simple Meaurement Example.vi (I get some measures, I have attached what I get)

Fourthly, to make a second test:  Instrument I/O => Instruments Drivers ==> Keithley 3706 ==> Examples ==> Simple Switching Example.vi (but I get the ERROR -1074000000)

What can I try ?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,622 Views)

Hi Elohim,

so you want us to debug your VIs? Why don't you dig into them yourself?

What is the command send to your Keithley when that error occurs? What is the expected command format as described in the device manual?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,610 Views)

Thanks for reply,

I tried to get channel status but it doesn't work too. I think it is because I don't really know how to use correctly the channels yet. In my case, the error refers to an undentified location. Yet, I use only the slot 3 with a 3721 (I indicated this on the front panel). For now, I have just no idea  why the keithley is not responding just with the control of the channels. Could it be a mistake with the data entered in the front panel ? Do they seem coherent ? 

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,602 Views)

Hi Elohim,

I can't answer your last questions as I don't use that specific Keithley nor do I have any attempt to read it's programming manual. That's up to you as you will find the answers in there!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,600 Views)

The good news is that you are talking with the instrument.  The bad news is that you are getting a error from the instrument.  The instrument is complaining about a settings conflict, meaning that you are trying to do something to a module that you can't do or something along those lines.  I'm guessing that the 3721 doesn't play with the Switching commands.  It is really just a MUX for the thermocoupler measurements.

Try finding a module that is actually meant for switching and see if you get your error then.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,594 Views)

I found that the problem comes to the pseudo card configuration. The problem is due to the black component on the attached file, what is actually the purpose of this black component ?

Thanks for your help

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,568 Views)

Hi Elohim,

you might open the LabVIEW context help (Ctrl-H) and move the mouse over that function…

PickLine

At this point I like to recommend all those online courses for LabVIEW beginners offered by NI.com for free!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,560 Views)

Finally I created a another program without using the pseudocard config and it worked. With the Keithley I use only one slot and it seems Labview automatically control the correct slot without indication.
Thanks a lot for all of your replies ! 🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,535 Views)