From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contour Plot of Current Measurements as a Function of x and y Positions

Hi All, 

I am trying to program a three dimensional stage (xyz stage).  My quesiton has to do with programming a contour plot of the x-axis position (on the x-axis), y-axis position (on the y-axis), and have the current as the intensity.  How do I need to do this?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,565 Views)

There is 3D Line Graph in Graph -> 3D Graph palette. It requires X, Y, Z vectors of the same length of your points

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,550 Views)

Untitled.jpgDo you know how I would take data from the x-axis position counter loop and the y-axis position counter loop and plot it along with the current (which would be the z-axis)?  I want to store all the data.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,517 Views)

You can accumulate arrays and show 3D curve in the end. To display in real-time you need to accumulate-replace-rotate data in array manually. Though may be your LabVIEW version already has 3D chart.

PS. X, Y and Z arrays should be the same length. On each iteration you have 1 X, 1 Y and multiple measurements, that you need to merge into 1 Z (average for example, whatever makes sense).

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,505 Views)

My labVIEW version already has a 3-D chart.  How does this change the way I should process the data?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,498 Views)