LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Continuously Write to Spreadsheet

Hey guys,

I'm attempting to write data from an 8-channel thermocouple to a .csv. I've managed to add the headers and format everthing the way I want, but because my array of data values is continuously appended to and recycled through the shift registers in my while loop it will write the full array of values with each increment rather than just the latest set. I'm basically writing the same data over and over again with an additional row each time. Thus it would seem I need to append my array a bit differently, that I might send only a single row of data to the spreadsheet at once. I'm having a little trouble figuring this out though.

I'm hoping a more strategic placement of the append waveform or export waveform to spreadsheet functions will be enough to push this VI in the right direction, so if anyone has any tips, tricks, or words of wisdom I'd be happy to hear from them.

Thanks,

Travis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,279 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,277 Views)

Put your "write" inside your for loop

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,271 Views)

I've actually just solved this, thanks anyways.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,260 Views)

Thanks but it looks like the problem was simply that the Build Waveform function and its timestamp were outside of the while loop. Once I moved them in everything started working normally.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,258 Views)